Over 20 million Americans currently struggle with addiction, which severely impacts individuals and their families. Addiction can be overwhelming and lead to depression, anxiety, loss of a job, financial issues, legal issues, and broken relationships. Many people complete an inpatient program but struggle to maintain their sobriety or clean time following this, leading to a relapse. The urges and cravings to use again can feel uncontrollable. Our therapists can help you on your journey of recovery from alcohol and other substances. Don’t continue to feel helpless due to your addiction.
Symptoms of addiction or substance use disorder are:
- Taking a substance for a longer amount or more than the recommended amount than prescribed or intended
- A desire to cut down but struggling to do so
- Cravings or urges to use the substance
- The preoccupation of obtaining and using the substance and it interfering with everyday life
- Continuing to use even when there are problems due to use
- Needing more of a substance to get the desired effect (tolerance)
- Experiencing undesired symptoms when cutting back or stopping the substance (withdrawal)
Our therapists can help you:
- Identify the trigger, thoughts, events, and emotions that lead to a relapse.
- Equip you with a strong relapse prevention plan to continue the life you want with less of a chance of substances or behaviors coming back into your life.
- Help you maintain recovery, understand that recovery is possible and likely when you are equipped with the knowledge and tools to fight addiction.