The child/teen group will utilize discussion and creative problem solving to help:
1. Pick up on social cues, tone of voice and body language.
2. Initiate/join-in conversations.
3. Build and and maintain friendships.
4. Learn how to deal with challenging social situations.
5. Recognize triggers, deal with conflict and respond rather than react in times of stress.
The parenting group will focus on:
1. Positive ways to effect social skills changes.
2. Understanding how your child can best interact with peers.
3. Communication techniques.
4. Review and discussion on how to implement the tools taught in the children’s group.
5. Role playing difficult scenarios.
For more information click here or call the office at 908-415-2042